The season for soaking is finally here!
We’re so excited that we may just have to take a bath to calm down…
Ok, now that we’re warm and collected, we can finally discuss Marie’s recipe to make your moments of relaxation even more enjoyable.
It’s a super simple recipe that can be done with items that you may already have in your home.
This recipe is also perfect to create DIY gifts for those around you. Simply add its mixture to a mason jar (or another glass container), add a ribbon and you’ll be ready to share the love!
Enough with the suspense, here is the bath salts recipe from our aromatherapist Marie!
Bath salts recipe
- 300 ml of a mix of your favourite salts: Epsom salt, pink salt, grey salt, etc.
- 75 ml of baking soda
- 20 ml of the vegetable oil of your choice
- 50 drops of the essential oil blend of your choice (Avoid choosing just one oil. A blend of essential oils is more appropriate for this recipe. Avoid cinnamon essential oil, oregano essential oil, cloves or savoury essential oils as they can irritate the skin. Also, avoid mint essential oils as they tend to give a glacial feeling.).
Our favorite oils for bath salts:
- Meditation formula (Find it by clicking here)
- Citrus Freshness formula (Find it by clicking here)
- Calm Formula (Find it by clicking here)
You can add dry herbs or flowers such as buttons or rose petals, calendula (marigolds), camomille, lavender, oat sprigs, or any other that inspires you. Add about 50ml to the above mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil and essential oils.
- Add the oil to the salt mixture.
- Add dried flowers or herbs (optional).
- Stir the mixture.
- Keep the mixture in an air-tight glass jar (a Mason jar is perfect for this) or in a PET plastic container.
- Use approximately 100ml or more of the mixture per bath.
As mentioned, you can easily double or triple this recipe to make wonderful gifts!
Use your new bath salts during your moments of tranquillity for deep relaxation. You’ll thank yourself for taking some me-time!
That's it for the recipe! Now I wish you several moments of relaxation and well-being,